Posted on August 12 2020
They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I’d say - why just lemonade?! Make super tempting Cocktails using those lemons and celebrate that drink by saying “Cheers to Life” ☺
Here’s what it will do to you :
- Make you capable and mature at handling your problems yourself.
- Give you the confidence to live your dream life.
- You will mostly be an example for someone who was looking to get inspired.
Now let’s raise a toast with a quick and fun Lemonade Recipe.
You’d think – Lemonade = sugar, water, lemon juice. Easy peesy?
Not really. The problem is if you just stir it all together the sugar would sink towards the bottom. A recommended way to make lemonade is to make a quick syrup water and sugar syrup first on slow flame. Once the sugar crystals are dissolved, it is ready to go with the lemon juice.
Lets go step by step.
- 1 cup white, granulated sugar (can reduce to 3/4 cup if you are cutting the sugar intake)
- 1 cup water (for the simple syrup)
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cups cold water (to dilute)
Syrup it: Heat water in a saucepan and add sugar to bring to a simmer. Stir well to make sugar crystals dissolve well. Remove from heat.
Juice it: Juice your lemons and add to the syrup and keep aside to cool. Depending on the size of the lemons, one to two lemons should be enough for one cup of juice.
Combine it all: Time to mix it up. Add the juice and sugar syrup in to a glass. Add cold water and taste. You could add more water to diluted it though it is recommended to keep room for ice cubes to melt and dilute your lemonade.
Now Chill: Refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes.
Serve with ice in your unbreakable lemonade glasses. And don’t forget to garnish with sliced lemons☺.